Sunday, February 26, 2023

 

Y’all

The Orthodox Christian Faith teaches of the Virtues; Faith, Hope, Knowledge, Wisdom, Honesty, Humility, Obedience, Patience, Courage, Faithfulness, Self-Control, Kindness, Gratitude. These are important to good people who strive to implement them.

Oaths don’t seem to be fashionable anymore. I took an oath when I enlisted. I see oaths in fiction, such as the Doc Savage oath or the Green Lantern oath, as reflections in what used to be a desire to be good and follow these virtues. There is also St. Patrick’s Breastplate as a great example (google it).

And I do see these virtues in many oaths I run across in real life and fiction. I’m not saying we should all come up with oaths, but the attitude towards them in the past seems to be centered around people who want to strive to be good.

Paladin Life:
Train – Teach – Prepare – Stand Firm – Be Humble – Believe in Good

this post was written by a human

No comments: